Carbon monoxide is an odourless, invisible, silent killer meaning that you cannot smell it, see it or hear it but it can cause death!!

Regardless of age of your gas appliance or how it has been maintained, any gas appliance can produce the highly poisonous gas carbon monoxide, also known as CO.

It is produced by the incomplete burning of natural gas or liquefied petroleum gas and usually caused through the ill-fitting or poor maintenance of gas appliances.

Gas Appliances Risks of Leaking CO

Even new gas appliances can be at risk of leaking CO into your home. According to the Gas Safe Register, the key symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are:

  • Headaches
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Dizziness
  • Collapse
  • Nausea
  • Breathlessness

Carbon monoxide alarms are inexpensive and do not require professional fitting. By using the manufacturers guidelines, they can be simply screwed to the wall or ceiling. Make sure you buy an alarm that has the British Standards Kitemark and stamped with EN 50291.

Carbon Monoxide Alarms

The sound of a carbon monoxide alarm is similar to that of a smoke detector or fire alarm. You can save your life and that of your family for as little as £15.00.